My Blog List

Friday, September 6, 2013

Saving Face

I'm sick of this. Putting on a different face every day. Pretending. Pretending. Is this how we need to live in order to feel as though we "fit in"? To make others feel like the don't belong, like they don't belong anywhere, not school, not home, not anywhere on the face of the earth. Why does this need to continue? Can we argue the fact is to save the very face we put on every morning? A mask that feels just as necessary to put on as clothes. Without that mask we feel naked, we fell exposed, we feel the judgment and the glaring eyes of others around us. TAKE IT OFF.

2 comments:

  1. Dang! . . I like the "TAKE IT OFF" ending. Way to put it bluntly, instead of beating around the bush on it. Great pic to go with this! Consider my mask off! Get some more on here. . .
    -Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you're saying the pen names are a bad idea?

    Just kidding. I know what you're saying.

    ReplyDelete